Thursday, April 4, 2013

Childhood



To crawl out from bed in my dad's cosy arms
And be brushed and rushed to school each day
To brawl with my siblings, and play in the barn
And go riding my trike every Sunday.

To snuggle up each night next to my Mom,
As she reads me tales of fairies beyond
To feel her cuddle me, keep me warm
And hear her lullabies, her love abound.



To know what's so special about being a teen
To know about years eleven to thirteen
To feel that crush my sis talks about
To be able to take a friend out.

To eagerly wait for that day with my Dad
When we'd go to have fun fishing together,
To beat him at tennis as a grown up lad
And cheer him on when he plays another.

How I wish I were now in my little den
Counting to live up to a Ninety Two
How I wish I could just pretend,
That this dreaded day never happened too.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sad :( My post is a sad one too (a story), there seem to be quite a few of these posts today - wonder why the letter D had that affect on all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and sad. Thank you for sharing what must be quite a difficult subject.

    ReplyDelete