Monday, April 1, 2013

Agony



"Would I see an Angel?", asks my child as I tuck her in gently tonight.
"Will the bells ring to welcome me?" she wonders,"will there be a Light?"
"Will the Heavens be as receiving, Would it be as good and real?"
"Would this pain end then? Tell me Dad dear, will all then be well?"

Her throat's choked with cancer cells, and her body's in despair,
She's been through so much pain, there's much agony in the air.
It sears my heart - the pain - as I see my little one so weep,
I wish the Lady Night spreads her calm; I wish there's finally some sleep.

I pray I find an answer tonight, and I pray my heart stay whole,
I search for peace in a painful present; I search deep within my soul.
I know no answers to her many questions, I know not Heaven's ways.
I know not whether Angels would come tonight to kiss her pretty face.

So as she lies there in her little bed, draped in sheets milk white,
And the lullabies from her bunny doll try fill the air tonight,
I whisper to her in the dark, "If the Heavens so wish, my daughter dear,
You will see the Angels bathe in Light, and as the bells toll, the pain disappear."



3 comments:

  1. Heart breaking yet soothing at the same time.

    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agony for both Mother and child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem evokes the chosen word. Strong start to the month

    ReplyDelete