Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Home


"Don't worry, my love!", she whispered,
As he sat by her in the dim lit room,
"My journey's begun to my place before,
It's where all happiness does mushroom"

"It's not far, and the way is clear,
The silver sky's bright all through;
I can see those hills from here
And I do feel the cool breeze too."

"There I see those meadows white,
And dancing rows of lilies blue,
Gently caressed by air's delight
And kissed just so by the crystal dew."

"What lies beyond I know is my Home,
With walls of marble and golden hue.
Back in the garden there's a silver dome,
That is where I'll wait for you."

2 comments:

  1. Nice job with the rhyming. I often struggle when reading rhyming poetry because it feels forced and a little out of context. You do a good job of not pushing the rhyming too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!

    ReplyDelete